Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HE'S HERE!!!!

I still don't know why it wont let move the pictures but the story is in the middle of his pics!

mackennon tanning with his cool sunglasses!




one proud happy daddy

i love my Binky!!


hi mommy!!!




one of the many cute faces he makes at us!!!


On Saturday DEC 18 2010, Mr Mackennon decided it was time to join our little family!

Labor went very fast and very easy. it truly started the night before but i thought it was just false labor and went to bed. the next day i had to get a non stress test in the labor and delivery area. I was very upset that day because i was sick of my strict left side bed rest and i knew that they were going to just send me home. So when i went in i wasn't the nicest patient!! as they were monitoring me and mack the nurse kept asking me about my contractions. i told her they were braxton hicks and i was only having them one every 10-15 min. well i guess on the monitor i was having them every 5-7. so after being sent home ( like i knew they would) Cory let me stay out a little later then i was supposed to and took me to get my favorite lunch at five guys! we got home at 12:30. by 1:15 i started to feel my contractions more but thought it was just cause of the greasy burger i ate. by 1:45 i was calling my mom to tell her to come over because my contractions were 1.5 min apart and i was getting in the bath to see if that helped. 20 min later my contractions had become more intense. My mom got there about the same time and after getting me out of the tub decided it was time to go to the hospital. When i got to the hospital i was dilated to a 4 and my contractions were 1 min apart. at that point the Dr on call had spoken to my Dr and wanted me to get an epidural because my blood pressure was too high. when i got my epidural i was at a 6 and was thankful! i was sad i didn't go all natural but i needed to do what was best for me and my baby. i then waited another maybe 3 hours and it was time to push!!



the Dr wasn't in the room yet but the nurse wanted me to "practice" push to make sure i knew what i was doing. well needless to say 11 min later with a frantic Dr running and barley getting gloves on mackennon was here! no one knew how well i could push, not even me!




because he was delivered so fast the cord was around his neck and was too tight. the Dr had to cut the cord while on his neck. the poor little guy wasn't breathing but he had angles that night, his nurse knew what to do and fast! after some resesitation she got him breathing in about 2 min. He weighed 5 lbs 6 oz and was 18 in long!!


because of his traumatic birth mackennon is currently in the nicu. He has been a champ. in less then 24 hours he was on and then taken off oxygen, he slowed his rapid breathing down and was able to breast feed and within 48 hours he was off iv fluids and was eating like a champ. he does/did have a little infection so he is still on antibiotics and because of he wasn't able to get the cord blood he has become jaundice. hes on lights right now but is doing great!!! he has already started gaining weight and is just as good as ever. technically his 7 day antibiotics are up at 3:11 am on Sunday BUT they MIGHT let him come home on Christmas depending on how nice his neonatoligist is!

we couldn't be happier for our new addition and his amazing progress! for anyone who knew before and kept him and us in your prayers, THANK YOU!!! i know that those prayers are why he is doing so great!





Cory and i got bored waiting in the hospital room in between feedings!


yep still bored!!!



this is my stud mackennon in his lady killer poise


little tired but healthy!!

No comments: