Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Looking at the brightside!

This last week has gone by so fast! I almost forgot to post today because I couldn't believe it was Tuesday already!
Mackennon: This last week has been a little crazy! Because of some bleeding issues (which I will address later) we got to go for a weight check at the Dr's office. He weighed 9 pounds 8 ounces! He's getting so big! BUT not big enough. He had only gained about 3 oz in two weeks and his Dr was not happy with that! So he got put on nutramigen... yes the $21 formula! I guess I must have stated how bad I didn't want my baby on formula too much because he is and its the most expensive out there. Luckily he has an AMAZING pediatrician and he gave me 3 sample containers and when we go back for another weight check next Tuesday he said he would give me more! He's such a great Dr. Then Mack went on his first road trip to Pocatello Idaho!! and he did GREAT! The poor thing was in his car seat for most of Saturday but you wouldn't have known. Then on Sunday we made the forever long back roads drive to a tiny tiny tiny town called Arbon Valley! His little (well bigger then him but younger) friend Hal was being blessed! It was so fun to see Shancy and Kade, also their crazy 2 yr old Zane, who kept telling me and Cory to stop touching "his Hal!"

Me and Shancy..................................................BEFORE...............................................
Mackennon and Hal..................................AFTER!.........................................................................


Steph and Cory: well for poor Cory nothing too exciting has happened besides work and scouts, but of course as for me more and more is happening. Since the last post we thought I was having nursing problems from my nipples. well I went on every yeast treatment I could get on. nystatin, gentiviolet, hydrocortozone, and neosporin! I thought it was working until Wednesday morning, mack slept through the night and woke up at 730. So I nursed him and it started to hurt a little, it had hurt worse before with no blood, so I thought nothing of it. As I was changing his diaper and clothes that's when I realized he had only drank blood and no milk. The poor kid kept spiting up clots through his cute smiles! At that moment I stopped nursing and he went on a bottle that day. Finally at 330 I decided to pump. Well it was only to have blood coming out of my milk ducts! Needless to say I'm going to the Dr tomorrow to get things checked out. From the few people I have spoken with they think I have intraductal papilomas. Basically is a benign tumor inside my milk ducts. They do have to be surgically removed but they aren't life threatening. I am scared because of course it could be worse, and in my family we're never "normal", but we wont know until I get an ultrasound done. So now I am 100% done nursing which makes me very very sad. I loved that bonding with Mack and I know he will miss it too. But I have to look at the bright side and now feeding time can happen ANYWHERE! I can eat dairy and eggs again. I can also have PEPSI!!! It gives Cory and my mooter in law and mom some special bonding time with him when we go visit! It also means I don't have to occupy a massage room at work to pump! It also means I will finally (hopefully) get my bald fat baby!! As the week goes on I will learn more and more about whats going on with my body and future nursing.. so check in next week to see what else my body wants to do to me!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I know how you feel with the whole breastfeeding thing... but I hope all is well with you! Give that cute little boy tons of kisses from his Aunt Kolie. :)

Emily said...

Hey- this is Emily Keele- I wish you all the luck.. you will be in my thoughts and please let me know if you need anything- also, on not being able to breastfeed, I know that feeling of not being able to breastfeed... and I think mothers don't understand unless they haven't been able too! I had to stop too early with Brenley and it was pretty tough... and am now having the same issues with Katie! BLAH!!! I love to shower with my babies to get the skin to skin contact and bonding time:) (just a thought!) please keep us informed about how you are doing! Love ya!!